accio

Thursday, July 29, 2010

flash fiction thursdays: acceptance

Rejection, from The Letter

Acceptance

Her eyes lurked in the shadows.  She saw the haggard man there and the scuffed iron pistol he held in his shaking hand, but she pretended she didn't.  If Vengeance deemed she was going to die between these red silk covers, then so be it.  But she would die with dignity.  When the gunshot sounded and the burning metal pierced her soft bronze skin, she was ready.

.

Author's Note:
In both my writing courses this past year at college, my professors emphasized that a story doesn't have to be long to be a story.  I recognize length as one of my weak points in creative writing.  I am inclined to be incredibly long, even if I don't need to be.  I think these five sentences give enough information to relay character and basic setting to the reader, but I'm interested in your thoughts- how can I make this better without making it longer?
Much love,
Amber.

0 secrets:

Post a Comment