accio

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo

So today is the second day of the second session of the first ever Camp NaNoWriMo. For those who don't know what this is: it is the opportunity to join with a group of writers worldwide and write a 50,000 page novel in a month. For more information, go to NaNoWriMo.org and/or Camp NaNoWriMo.org. I think that OLL (the Office of Letters and Light) explains it best themselves.

To be honest, I'm very excited about my novel. This is my second NaNoWriMo event, so I'm still a NaNo-Infant, but the idea of writing 50,000 words in a month is exhilerating. I'm trying to get all my friends to do it. I'm pretty sure they think I'm mental.

Currently, the site is still buggy so I can't update my word count, but I'm right on schedule, which is where I like to be. And unlike the last NaNo event I did, I knew what my novel was, basically, at least two days before I started writing. I joined the site Halloween last October, giving myself approximately six hours to plan a novel! Yeah, I'm a "pantser"... someone who takes an idea by the seat of their pants and runs with it.

I think NaNo is an important event, because it gives us a deadline. That is what helps for me. I can write 2,000+ words a day when properly motivated, and as a writer, that was a big deal to learn.

I will leave you all with my jibberish thoughts and excitement about Camp NaNoWriMo with this:



That's my novel cover. Isn't it pretty?

0 secrets:

Post a Comment